This book giveaway contest is in conjunction with Episode 024 of the podcast. The book this time around is Navigational Instruments by Richard Dunn. If you haven’t listened to the episode, please do so at the link above for more info and a brief review/synopsis of the book. Contest entry rules are below.
Contest Entry Rules
- 1. Date of Contest – Entries will be accepted beginning on June 18, 2016 and will be open until 11:59 PM EST on July 16, 2016.
- 2. No Purchase Necessary – No purchase is necessary to participate.
- 3. Eligible Participants – Anyone over age 18 who is a resident of a country to which Amazon.com ships and has a mailing address within that country is eligible to participate in this giveaway.
- 4. Methods of Entry (only 1 required)
- a. iTunes Review – If you have an iTunes account and listen to the podcast through iTunes, simply leave a review of the show on iTunes and then notify me of your review via one of the methods listed in #5 below. If you’ve left a review in the past, simply notify me of your username via one of the methods listed in #5 below.
- b. Other Podcatcher Review – If you listen through a podcatcher (other than iTunes) that contains a review functionality, simply review the podcast on that catcher and then notify me of the review and the platform you left it on via one of the methods listed in #5 below. If you’ve left a review in the past, simply notify me of your username via one of the methods listed in #5 below.
- c. Share the Podcast! – If you are unable to review the show easily or simply prefer this method, just tell a friend (or enemy) about the podcast in the manner of your choosing. Then, notify me that you did so via one of the methods listed in #5 below.
- 5. Methods of Notification
- 6. Entry Verification – Any entry made via a podcast review will be verified for authenticity, and such entries will be limited to one per person. Entries made via a ‘share’ of the podcast are also limited to one per person. I am not responsible for any late or unverifiable entries and such attempts will not be included in the drawing.
- 7. Drawing – At the close of the window for acceptance of entries, I will take all valid and verified entries and enter them into a drawing generated through randompicker.com. The drawing will take place within one week of the closing of entry acceptance. The winner will be selected randomly and I will notify that person within one day of the drawing itself, via the method through which they entered the contest. The winner and I will arrange the specifics of shipping and receiving the book (prize).
- 8. Prize – The prize is one (1) copy of the book Navigational Instruments by Richard Dunn. More info about the book can be found at http://www.bloomsbury.com/us/navigational-instruments-9780747815068/. The Maritime History Podcast will pay for shipping costs involved in getting the prize to the mailing address provided by the contest winner.
- 9. Acceptance of Prize – The winner drawn under #7 above has one week from the date of drawing to accept the prize via social media message or email. If that winner does not accept within one week of the drawing, a second drawing will be conducted under the same rules, including all the valid and verified entries except the original winner. The same rules of acceptance apply until a winner accepts the prize.
- 10. Future Drawings – Any review/share will make that entrant eligible for future book giveaway contests; however, the entrant must notify me under the same rules contained in #5 above of their desire to be included in future drawings within the entry window of that specific drawing, otherwise they will not be included.
- 11. Restrictions – By participating in the giveaway, a participant agrees to be bound by these Contest Entry Rules, and by all decisions of the giveaway sponsor. The sponsor reserves the right to change these rules in any manner necessary to conduct the giveaway in an efficient and fair manner.